quote by aliya bonar, said after a delicious breakfast of donuts.
then i walked outside, and mary was fixing the car:
she basically fixed the whole thing with her hands and a bobbypin. wow.
then we went to voodoo donuts for an event listed on the program we weren’t sure was even an art event or maybe it was just eating donuts. it turned out to be both. and, it was organized by former elsewhere artists lauren kurtz and steve beatty. so we ate donuts! and reunionized about elsewhere! here is our elsewhere reunion photo, even though most of us never knew each other at elsewhere anyways.
top: eliza fernand, lauren mccleary (the only one to actually never have been at elsewhere, but heavily involved otherwise so she counts anyways), steve beatty, laurel kurtz. bottom: hannah clark, mary rothlisberger, aliya bonar, amber phelps-bonderoff.
- best breakfast: chocolate coconut donut + mocha stumptown coffee
- best lecture so far: amy franceschini talking about victory gardens, and using gardening to build community, collaboration, wow. best lecture.
- best quote in best lecture so far: If you are in a shipwreck and all the boats are gone, a piano top buoyant enough to keep you afloat that comes along makes a fortuitous life preserver. But this is not to say that the best way to design a life preserver is in the form of a piano top. I think that we are clinging to a great many piano tops in accepting yesterday’s fortuitous contrivings as constituting the only means for solving a given problem.” –Richard Buckminster Fuller
- best poutine eaten: potato champion food cart
- best show + meeting place of cute local portland boys: valentines bar
- best kareoke songs sung: “me and bobby mcgee” “it’s all wrong it’s alright” “love is a battlefield” “radar love” “tell me lies” “gloria”
- best facial hair presentation: robin’s mustache/goatee/soul patch combo. wow.